BHIM is an app developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to promote the use of online transaction in india. BHIM is created to replace the major players in this online transaction app category like PayTm.
BHIM is trending in the app store right now because of the simple interface and you do not have to keep standing in lines at the bank to access your own money, you can transfer it or receive it between two bank accounts using this app.
- The best thing about BHIM is the simplicity of the app. You can just log into it, verify your bank account easily and start banking at your fingertips, no waiting.
- BHIM supports almost all the banks that operate in india so you have wider range and you can use your bank account for online transactions.
- The account verification of BHIM is very simple, just one tap and the sms verification only takes couple of seconds.
- With BHIM, you can have multiple bank accounts linked for the single app and make transactions by changing the accounts in the app.
Note: You might sometime require rooting your android device to use this application. You may prefer downloading android rooting apps like KingRoot, Framaroot, SuperSU or Root Explorer to run this application.
Download BHIM APK
- After downloading the app on your smart phone, open the app and you will see the introduction to the BHIM app.
- After going through the introduction, it will ask for permission to send and receive test messages (for the verification process).
- You will then have to choose to send text message to verify your bank account which is linked to your phone number. If you have a dual sim phone, you will have to choose between the two sim cards which one is linked with the bank account.
- Now the app will send out SMS to verify you have the phone number and it is linked to a bank account.
- Set up your passcode to log into the BHIM app in your phone.
- You can choose the bank which is linked to your phone number and in the mean time it will show which bank accounts are linked to your phone number. Choose the bank account(s) that you want to use BHIM with.
- You will then have to set up a UPI PIN for your BHIM account which you will be using to authorise any transaction through the app. It is just like your ATM PIN which is used in the app. It can be four to six digit long.
- To set up the UPI PIN for your BHIM account, you will need your debit/credit card information and your verified mobile number to receive OTP for confirmation.
Also check –
If you follow all the steps correctly, you will set up your BHIM account in a matter of minutes. Now you can send or receive money, check you bank balance, pay for services using the BHIM app which has made online transactions so simple in India.
Let us know through comment if you have any questions.